For audio, the FS2 has two audio processors – each processor supporting 16-channel AES/EBU digital audio, 16 channel embedded audio, and 8-channel balanced analog audio with a variety of controls for maximum flexibility.
The FS2 supports closed captioning and the conversion of closed captioning between SD and HD formats – including full conversion between CEA-608 and CEA-708 caption standards. The FS2 is also network ready, supporting SNMP monitoring and web-based remote control. A 3rd-party Remote Control Panel is available (contact your AJA dealer – or AJA directly, for more information).
Options available on the FS2 include Dolby® E Encoding, Dolby® E Decoding, and 3G/HD/SD Optical Fiber I/O.
With support of all broadcast video formats the FS2 makes matching up disparate video and audio systems simple – one converter box does it all. The FS2 is ideally suited for broadcast facilities, production trucks and other rapidly changing environments.
The FS2 can be used for a wide variety of video and audio signal conversion, adaptation, timing, and processing applications:
- Up/Down/Cross convert between various SD and HD formats including 1080p50/60.
- General purpose video frame synchronization.
- Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog audio/video conversion.
- Mux or Demux two separate HD signals from one 3G SDI signal.
- Convert 3G/HD/SD video over fiber to/from SDI (BNC).
- Use the built-in video processing amplifiers to adjust and/or color correct.
- Synchronize the timing of key and fill signals by putting both through the parallel FS2 video channels and adjusting their timing independently. Then key them using one of the two FS2 keyers or an external keyer.
- Use the HDMI input and a DVI to HDMI cable to scan-convert popular computer video formats to SD or HD, including full proc-amp functionality and aspect ratio adjustment
(future firmware release).
- HD Sidebar keying including using both SD video and SD sidebar graphics (analog or digital), upconverting both, and combining – all inside the FS2.
- Dolby® E encoding and decoding with full channel mapping (optional).
Ease of Control…
- Built-in front panel control via scrolling alphanumeric and graphical menu system
- Buttons and Rotary Knobs for quick setting changes
- Front panel LED status indicators for at-a-glance system monitoring
- Web-based remote control over 10/100/1000 Ethernet via an internal web server
- Four isolated TTL GPI inputs and outputs for contact closure control
- Optional Remote Control Panel
Incredible I/O and Format Support
The FS2 can generally convert any input format to any output format, as long as the frame rates are of the same “family.” (The three families are 59.94/29.97/23.98, 50/25, and 60/30/24.) Whenever an incompatible I/O format is detected, the operator is notified (alarms/status-messages). Connector sources and destinations are controlled via crosspoint matrix selections on the input and output of both FS2 channels (select from web UI or front panel).